Megaweez

“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.” Cousin Woodman

Monday, June 27, 2005

In Heaven There Is No Beer

(That's why we drink it here.) Guess who had her very first polka-band practice this weekend! I did, I did! Plus, I discovered that 11211 magazine eventually published the piece I wrote about the Williamsburg Spelling Bee. Spoiler warning: it reveals the inspiration for the title of the quiz show. Turns out I called the piece "Brains On Parade: The Pleasure and Pain of Performance." Apparently, as I gradually forgot what I'd written, and that it would be published, my throbbing brain hung onto the "brain" theme with a pit bull grip. (For more bee information, check out: http://www.petescandystore.com) Also, I visited the Renegade Craft Fair in McCarren Park not once, but twice. On the whole, a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home