Megaweez

“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.” Cousin Woodman

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Kickboxing & True Love


Every day on my way to work I pass an ad for something on Spike TV which snarls at me "SEE HOW IT FEELS --- WHEN IT'S REAL!" These words are in a jaggedy typeface, floating behind two dudes who seem to be kickboxing. Or fighting in some way that involves flying in the air and kicking each other while wearing very little. Anyway, the main effect of the ad is that I start every day with my brain shouting "What you find-AH! What you know-ah! To be real! Ooh, your love's for real now! You know that your love is my love, my love is your love, our love is here to stay!" Thanks Cheryl Lynn. It got me thinking that the very same tag line, "See how it feels -- when it's real," could just as easily be used to sell romance novels or weepy gurl movies. Sex. Violence. Realness. Apparently all very important in the world of marketing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home