Megaweez

“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.” Cousin Woodman

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Little Daily Blessings


If I had to generalize, I would say that today sucked. However, there are a few things that keep making me giggle (other than the squirrel enjoying a Guinness) and these are them:

The guy who seems to genuinely enjoy coming in my office several times a day just to make sure that all trash cans are completely void of contents (even paperclips and tiny bits of paper) and that everything is really clean (often warmly insisting on inconveniencing me to clean things whose current level of dirty is totally fine with me) initiated the following exchange with me before leaving the room this afternoon:

Him:(jauntily) "Enjoy your weekend!"
Me:(trying to match jauntiness) "Oh, you too!"
Him:(resignedly) "I'll be here tomorrow."
Me:(of course he will, today is Thursday, um, but that means--) "Oh, me too."
Him:(unfazed) "Well, see you then."

I don't understand how that conversation makes sense, but it did to him. I smiled a lot during the conversation, so I think I'm in the clear. Today Shara reminded me of the spontaneous, implausible lie I expelled when confronted by a sidewalk salesperson on my way home late Tuesday night. In a clever selling ploy, she opened with a question that I would have an affirmative response to, to get me in the "saying yes" mood.

Her: "Do you wear mascara?"
Me: (anxiously blinking mascara-ed eyes) "No, it makes my eyelashes funny. Sorry."

That's going be my new all-purpose deflection-line. "No sir, you may not have my phone number. It would make my eyelashes funny to provide it."

At Tuesday night's Throbbing Brains, Dilip was on "Team Mounds," and Patrick was on "Team Necrophiliac Social Tub." After being competitors they had the following exchange:

Dilip: "Patrick, I was so looking forward to having you on our team!"
Patrick: "Yeah, but I have to hang out with the necrophiliacs, you know."
Dilip: "Hmm, yeah, I don't mingle with necrophiliacs too much."
Patrick: "Really? You should."
Dilip: "Yeah, maybe when I'm dead."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home