Megaweez

“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.” Cousin Woodman

Monday, August 08, 2005

What If It's Too Loud or Bright to Sleep When I'm Dead?


It's been a fun weekend. Dilip and I went to the Improv to see an HBO showcase featuring Jen Dziura, whose surname, I just found out from the very nice guy who sold Dilip a laptop before the show, means something in Polish. Jen's set was great, as were the sets of a notably high percentage of her fellow performers. After the show we made friends with the outstanding, infamous blogger and assassin Brian Van and his two companions. By "made friends with" I mean we couldn't leave things at giggling at each other in the brightly-lit bagel shop -- we knew we had to take the next step of hanging out at Union Pool swapping stories until Dilip nearly died of jet lag. Above, you can see us posing in the eerily bright bagel shop. The photo nicely documents how effortlessly and understatedly hip Dilip looks in his Peeps shirt.

Given that we didn't hit the hay until around 5:30, Dilip and I were pretty haggard campers for our journey to rendezvous with Friend From Japan Kevin at the M.I.A. show. I loved DJ Rekha, and M.I.A. was definitely worth the wait. I guess I should have known I would run into a gazillion people I know at the show and on the way back, and that one of them would shake me down for beer money. The city's not as big as we like to pretend. Despite the fact that I was pretty useless, polka practice was super jolly that night. Perhaps it was the fancy international beer.

But seriously, there's still work to be done before Spelling tonight -- to be blogged by superchamp Jonathan Lill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home