Megaweez

“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.” Cousin Woodman

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

You Had Me At "Bee"


My ever-buzzing bee-brain is starting to frantically forage for new bee-related information. While innocently surfing the information superhighway, I was uncontrollably drawn to the headline: "A.J. Foyt attacked by bees." At the time, I didn't know who A.J. Foyt was, and the fact that the bees were capable of attack made it clear that these were not Spelling Bees, but I love spelling bees so much that I read the whole article anyway. I was impressed by Mr. Foyt's self-posession and determination in the face of a 200+ bee attack which left him stung "dozens of times." He managed to fling himself away from the dangerous swarm and into the safety of a nearby stream, and after being treated at the scene passed up the option of going to the hospital. That's some admirable unflappability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home