Megaweez

“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.” Cousin Woodman

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Skilled Craftsquirrels


I've just gotten back into town from my Ocean City, MD adventure with the Smith Bro.s and Co. OC (as it dubs itself) and all the states I drove through to get to and from it provided such a dizzying buffet of things to think about, I don't know where to start. My most recent observations:

On the drive home last night I saw Artisans' Bank for the first time, and I am so weak for their logo, a nut-clutching squirrel. Reproduced here. Squirrels are my favorite animal, and, as I learned from a paperback at my feet on a long car-trip, they are also my "spirit animal." I double checked, and yes, artisans are skilled manual workers or craftspeople. I'm not sure what the analogy is to squirrels, who have many fine features, but are not noted for their skills, so much. They don't, like, study and practice stuff, which is what you do to get skills. But whatevs, I feel warmly toward squirrels, and nuts, and nut-clutching squirrels, and artisans, and money. I'm happy to see all of them in one building.

Across the street from each other on some expressway or other I saw "High's Food Store," and "Super G Food & Pharmacy." So if you're high, or a Super G, and you want food or pharmaceuticals, there's a clearly marked place for you.

At the end of dinner, immediately before our sojourn back Brooklyn-way, Chris (or "Christmas," as I called him throughout the trip) explained that applesauce is the new beef. Take note, this guy knows from food.

Oh, and I actually saw, with my very own (admittedly ocean-damaged) blinkers: the famed DeVry Institute. It's not just on TV, it's also in New Jersey. In a real building with a sign and everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home