Megaweez

“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.” Cousin Woodman

Monday, November 21, 2005

"We May Be Crazy, But We Have Our Sh*t Together."



Yes, today I overheard a tough-minded high school girl raising the bar for crazy people. Previously I'd thought that being "crazy" for a little (or long) while was an explanation for regrettable lapses in judgment and performance. But apparently there's a strain of competence in the crazy community. I was going to explain my absence from this blog for the past few ice ages by letting you know that I'd been a little crazy for the last few months. Now I'm going to have to hunt down that overachieving hellcat and ask her how she suggests that I explain it. Sheesh.

The gratuitous photos here are some of many lovely images created by the phenomenal photgrapher Rachel Watson. She put out a call for people to model with their pets and you know I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to immortalize Monte's comeliness. Look carefully and you can see Monte holding my fingertip, his tiny, affectionate way of holding my hand.

3 Comments:

At April 18, 2006, Blogger Zombiehellmonkey said...

thats a really cute .. fluffy, do you mind me asking what it is, perchance? I've never seen anything like that before.

 
At April 18, 2006, Blogger Megalosaurus Rudezilla said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 18, 2006, Blogger Megalosaurus Rudezilla said...

Megalosaurus Rudezilla said...
Monte (short for Montezuma) is a chinchilla, my beloved chinchilla. Once you're friends with a chinchilla it's really hard to imagine being able to kill one, but fluttering your fingers through the ineffably soft fur of a chinchilla dramatically illustrates why their fur is the most coveted in the fur trade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home